Friday, June 24, 2011

The Young, Black, and Fabulous

The Young, Black, and Fabulous


Is A New "Basketball Wife" Headed To VH1? Meet Carmen Murray....

Posted: 24 Jun 2011 08:32 AM PDT

Shaunie O'Neal is on her grind this year getting more and more "Basketball Wives" added to her show.  In addition to the impending L.A. spinoff, a new "Wife" is rumored to be heading to Miami to joint he original cast-o-characters. 

 

Her name is Carmen Murray and we've got the low-down inside....

Carmen Murray (pictured above on the far right in a white dress) isn't your typical "Basketball Wife."  For one, she was actually married to a baller at one point.  And two, she has a real job involving a real celebrity with a real career.  So maybe that's why Shaunie offered her a role on the next season of the VH1 reality show.

Carmen is the ex-wife of basketball player Lamond Murray.  He last played for the New Jersey Nets in 2006, and now plays for a Bahrain basketball league called Al-Muharraq Sports Club.  At least she has something in common with Tami, Meeka, Jennifer and Shaunie who are all wives/ex-wives of former NBA players.

And the pretty gal is an established music executive who is part of the team behind artist Melanie Fiona.

Celebuzz reports:

Our sources say the ink isn’t on the contract just yet for Murray to join, but that the former real estate investor and founder of Title 9 Productions should be very shortly. With those creds, she must be putting up quite the negotiation.

Is her real career going to threaten Evelyn, Jennifer, and the others and cause big time drama?  Here we go...

 

Ex-husband Lamond Murray

HAPPY 25th BIRTHDAY SOLANGE!

Posted: 24 Jun 2011 07:57 AM PDT

Crack open a vintage bottle of of something smooth for the birthday girl!  Solange Knowles turns 25 today.  And we've got a gallery of one of our fave fab and fly chicks to celebrate....

 

Solo changed the natural hair game when she cut all her hair off for the second time and rocked a fade, which has grown into a 'fro, and rocked it o so fabulously.  We love her music, her mommy time with little Julez, and how she marches to the beat of her own DJ set.  She's the more fiesty of the Knowles sisters, and we kinda like it. 

She said about her special day today:

Thank you ALL for the birthday love!!! Im so overwhelmed with happiness and appreciation of your kind words:) SO thankful!

Feel so blessed, accomplished & grateful to have experienced so many wonderful things in 25 years.Thank you for being such supportive forces.
 

Sweet! 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOLANGE!

TRUCE? Chris Brown, Tyler The Creator, & Frank Ocean Dead Their Beef

Posted: 24 Jun 2011 07:29 AM PDT

Sounds like Chris Brown and Frank Ocean and Tyler the Creator have finally come to their senses.  The fellas tweeted that the beef has gotten out of hand and have decided to put lid on it.

 

What they all had to say, plus the car chase that led to it all, inside...

After all the drama that kicked off days ago with Chris Brown paying Frank Ocean a compliment and it being taken the completely wrong way by Frank and his Odd Future groupmate Tyler the Creator, it seems like the fellas are ending the drama.  There were twitter rants, berating of Chris at Tyler and Frank Ocean's concert last weekend, and a car chase of Frank Ocean by Chris' people.

But here's what they all said yesterday:

(Probably also referring to the recent whole gay slur issue as well.)

 

And Tyler the Creatr tweeted everything was getting out of hand and next thing you know, somebody will end up shot:

 

This all comes after Mijo--Chris Brown's cousin--and his people decided to chase down Frank Ocean in a car after they found him out and about.  This ish just got a bit too nuts and very unnecessary:

 

Kanye, Dwyane Wade, & Usher Hit Up Paris Men's Fashion Week

Posted: 24 Jun 2011 06:12 AM PDT

The ladies aren't the only ones flocking to front rows of fashion week shows.  Chi-Town boys Dwyane Wade and Kanye West met up in Paris at the Louis Vuitton Menswear Spring/Summer 2012 fashion show yesterday.

 

Pics of the fellas sitting front row--plus Usher as well--when you read on....

Kanye kicked it backstage with Louis Vuitton's Creative Director Marc Jacobs before taking his seat front row:

He rocked his usual styled up jeans and white tee and chains look complete with a Dallas Mavs hat.  And, of course, rocked his rose Louis Vuitton Patchwork Don sneakers.

Lookin' sexy 'Ye.

Dwyane Wade was also there and chatted it up with Marc Jacobs.

He was spotted heading out to hit up other shows.

And Usher was spotted at the Adam Kimel Menswear show in Paris yesterday.

BONUS: D-Wade tweeted this personal vid to his followers from his first day on the streets of Paris.  Check it:


VIDEO FAB: Jennifer Hudson's "No One Gonna Love You"

Posted: 24 Jun 2011 05:51 AM PDT

Jennifer Hudson's brand new video for "No One Gonna Love You" is here.  Peep lingerie wearing Jenny under the cut....

Jennifer's showing of her dancing skills for the first time in the Diane Martel directed video. This is her second visual off her album I Remember Me.  And this current single was produced by Rich Harrison.  We feelin' it?

 

Check out the behind-the-scenes footage J-Hud showed "Access Hollywood" last week before she put the finishing touches on this vid.

Jenny says she's still having her wedding dress altered as she continues to slim down.  And it sounds like the wedding to her fiance David Otunga will happen this summer.

Halle & Nahla Have A Pizza Party!+Golden Brooks Comes Out Of Hiding

Posted: 24 Jun 2011 05:26 AM PDT

Halle Berry and her mini me had a yummy day out yesterday.  She and Nahla Aubrey grabbed some pizza in L.A.  While new mom Golden Brooks was spotted elsewhere in L.A. grabbing dinner at Katsuya.

 

Pics when you read on....

Halle threw on her short shorts to go grab some pizza with her duaghter Nahla--who looks more and more like mommy every day--at Vito's Pizza in Beverly Hills.

Summer cuteness!

And elsewhere in L.A., former "Girlfriends" star Golden Brooks hit up Katsuya for dinner:

Still don't know WTF is going on with her face.  But I SO miss Mya.  The 40-year-old's daughter she has with boyfriend D.B. Woodside, Dakota Tao, is turning 2 in September.

Photos via SPLASH

Amber Rose Brings Her Milkshake...& Her Mom...To The Millions of Milkshakes Yard

Posted: 24 Jun 2011 04:49 AM PDT

Amber Rose puckered up for her new milkshake she created for Millions of Milkshakes.  The baldie blondie hit up the shop in West Hollywood to create the Amber Rose Blondie.  And she brought her mother along for it too.

 

Pics inside of a printed Amber Rose and crew....

Well she get it from her mama. Amber rolled into the Million of Milkshakes shop yesterday evening to create her celeb shake.  She donned this one piece red and white printed jumper.  And she decided to bring her mother along to give her some help.  50% of the proceeds from Amber's shake will go to the Trevor Project.

Girl don't act like this is something new to you....

So what are Amber and mom sipping?  Amber tweeted:

My shake is Banana, white chocolate, Pineapple, coconut, and cookie dough mmmm its called "The Amber Rose Blondie" :-)

Yum?

I'm sure Wiz will be a fan.
 

Amber then headed off to the 3D Vevo party and snapped pics with fans as she hit up her next stop.  And we're pretty sure her reality show cameras were rolling capturing it all:

Not loving this outfit at all.  But do you boo.

Photos: SPLASH/Lacroix

Kiely From 3LW Is Shooting A Reality Show?

Posted: 24 Jun 2011 04:08 AM PDT

Well isn't this interesting.  3LW and Cheetah Girls chick, Kiely Williams, may be doing exactly what her groupmate Adrienne Bailon is doing these days--shooting a reality show.

 

The pretty singer was spotted out and about last night with her other Cheetah Girl groupmate--Sabrina Bryan--and a crew of tv cameras.  Pics inside...

Now that the controversial and overly sexy single and video Kiely tried to put out last year, "Spectacular," didn't help her solo career int he least bit, it looks like Kiely's going the tried and true reality show route.

The Hollywood chick was spotted heading to dinner out in Toluca Lake, CA with friends--including her groupmate Sabrina Bryan:

She's stepped up her glam game these days, and that may be because she reportedly had tons of cameras filming her every move. 

Would you watch her or Adrienne Bailon's show?

RED HOT: Raven-Symoné Works It Out For ROLLING OUT Magazine

Posted: 23 Jun 2011 05:26 PM PDT

The 25-year-old Georgia peach turned Hollywood starlet is working her new figure everywhere we look.  Raven-Symoné is covering the new issue of Rolling Out magazine.  We posted a behind the scenes flicks a while back, now the finished product is out.

 

Read on for the pics, plus what she has to say about her new mature role, how she got this svelte new figure, and her advice for actress chicks trying to make it....

The fabulous pics from Raven's 3-hour-shoot where she's rocking a bold red and black spandex look, metallic gold short shorts, and a fiery red dress.  And both her natural short curls and long straight tresses:

 

HOTNESS!  More pics over at Rolling Out.  Here's an excerpt from her interview where she dishes on everything:

“The Great State of Georgia” appears to be your first mature role as a television actress. What can viewers expect from the show?
The show focuses on the problems you can go through when auditioning and being rejected and, sometimes, accepted. It’s a good journey that my character, Georgia, goes through with a friend and her aunt, which is played by Loretta Devine. I find it interesting that I’m doing a role that mirrored my younger life when I moved from Georgia to New York. This is more of a sophisticated comedy, but we don’t take away from the fun aspect of it.

What did you learn while working on “That’s So Raven?”
“That’s So Raven” was a blessing beyond belief. It was a set that was very nurturing. The main thing I learned was to pace yourself and have fun. When you get a job in the industry, you have a lot of obligations. Sometimes, you get tired, you get cranky, and, then, you’re labeled a diva. I’m not a diva. I’m tired, and my head hurts. So, I had to pace myself. Work starts at 8 a.m., and it ends at 8 p.m. During the show, some people would say, “You’re young. Keep going,” and I did. But eventually, I had to take a break because I was tired.

What was the most stressful thing about being the star of your own show as a teenager?
I was 15 when I started filming and dealing with adults in an adult way. I also had the burden of 200 people’s paychecks in my hands. So, there was no sickness, lateness, no messing up or laziness. There is a sacrifice you have to make. The friends that are still with me, they know what I deal with. Learning from Bill Cosby, Eddie Murphy and Mark Curry, the cast never put it all on me. I learned to be honest and know that there are so many people that make it happen. Being labeled a “boss” at 15 is a lot of stress. That’s why I walked away.

When did you realize that you were not just an actress, but that “Raven-Symoné” had become a brand?
I knew that there was a business of Raven-Symoné when my father told me to “make sure that the public knows your real name and not just your character’s name.” The Disney Channel also helped to package what I wanted to do. But I know that there is more out there. Hopefully, the business aspect will be set up where I can back away and give opportunities to young men and women [to] showcase their talent when others may overlook them.

People are excited about your new figure. How did you achieve it?
During “That’s So Raven,” I dealt with stress that an average 15-year-old might not go through, and my body showed those stresses on the outside. Doctors say that stress kills and that stress manifests itself in different ways. For me, and the way my genes are, I happened to get a little thicker. After “That’s So Raven” ended, the weight of the world was off of my shoulders. I was able to look at what was going on with me, instead of finding comfort in things that might not be the healthiest. By releasing those issues, my stress went away internally as well as externally.

Did exercise play a role?
I’ve been exercising since I was 9 years old. I was on tour with ‘N Sync, and I did my own tour. Anyone who has been on tour knows that it’s excessive training all day. I have had the same exercise routine my entire life.

Are guys intimidated by your success?
I guess guys do find me intimidating because they don’t come up to talk to me. I have to go to them. If I do talk to a guy, they understand who I am. I work from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. After that, I don’t talk about work. It’s all about the person the camera never sees.

What do you find attractive in a man, and what is your ideal first date?
The things I find attractive are ambition, talent, teeth and a car. I don’t like to drive. It doesn’t have to be a Bentley. You can drive a Pinto, and I’ll pay for gas. But I won’t pay your insurance [laughs]. My ideal first date is no weave, no eyebrows, no makeup. I need to be in sweats, and I need him to be in sweats. We can drive around and see different houses. That’s my favorite date ever. I don’t want to go anywhere special. I just want to go for a ride.

Is there a way to balance a relationship with your schedule?
I was raised to be about my business. I love the people who are around, but if I get a [business] call, I have to get up and go. I’m on a path for myself. When I’m done, I’ll start that other side of life. I can’t have distractions. If you’re a distraction, you gotta go.

What advice do you give to young black actresses who are trying to establish a career in Hollywood?
The first thing, when trying to get into Hollywood when you’re not the cookie-cutter type, is to not put a label on yourself. I’m African American, but, when it comes to TV, don’t label yourself. I don’t want to be labeled because, I then put restrictions on myself. When other people label me, that’s different. I go into auditions knowing I’m not going to get the role, but at least that person has seen me and remembers me. But if you label yourself from the beginning, you won’t go out for the role that was written for other cultures. Make your own way. With the technology today, you can become a brand.

What will be Raven-Symoné’s legacy?
I want people to say, “She made me laugh and brightened my day. As a brand, she kept in mind the different flavors in the world.” And I want people to know that I was always honest and told the truth.

And behind the scenes of the shoot:

 

"State of Georgia" premieres June 29th on ABC Family.  Loves this chick.  Can't wait!

Source: Rolling Out

TWITPIC ROUNDUP: What Your Fave Celebs Are Up To....

Posted: 23 Jun 2011 02:25 PM PDT

Celebs love giving us an inside look into their everyday lives via Twitter.  And we've rounded up what some of your faves were up to this week.

 

Pics of Tamera Mowry and her new hubby, Soulja Boy, Chris Brown, Chris Bosh & Adrienne, Lance Gross, and more inside....

How cute are the newlyweds!  Tamera Mowry tweeted a pic of her and her new husband Adam back at Napa (the same area as their wedding) having dinner.

"Desperate Housewife" Vanessa Williams and 2 of her 4 stunning kids--Jillian and Devin--had some family time at home.  She always looks uber happy when she's with her kiddies.

Meanwhile, Vanessa's ex Rick Fox snapped a pic with Lance Gross after running into him today.

Chris Brown posted this pic today in a scary mask. 

Stylist June Ambrose showed her followers how she's getting ready for her upcoming trip to Dubai:

She was getting fitted by one of her fave designers, and had her cute daughter Summer--who is her new summer intern--in tow.

Jill Marie Jones tweeted a pic of her and her Hollywood twin Gabby Union saying "When Im asked..who do ppl say u look like? I say, Oh u didn't know I have a twin? @itsgabrielleu :)".

Monica "Danger" Leon from "For The Love of Ray-J" tweeted a pic of her partying with her girls.  By the way, the mother of Nick Cannon's brother-in-law's baby girl has a possible reality show hitting tv this fall called "Danger Does Hollywood."

Soulja Boy is still snapping pics of his new blonde hair as if it's cute.

 

Ciara tweeted these cute pics of her, her uncle, father, and grandfather on Father's Day:

Sweet!

The Game hit Disneyland with his two boys Harlem and King Justice.  He tweeted: “My kids. My life. My fans. My music. Perfect."  Cute!

Chad OchoCinco Johnson snapped a pic with two of his daughters--quality time.

 

Now that the NBA is in off-season, Chris Bosh and fiance' Adrienne Williams packed up and headed on a private jet to the caribbean with friends:

They hit Jade Mountain Hotel in St. Lucia and also the Viceroy in Anguilla.

Dwyane Wade is in Europe for Men's Fashion Week.  But he tweeted a pic of his two boys--Zion and Zaire--saying he missed them and they're spending time with their mom.

Baller Stephon Marbury posted a funny pic from his workout today.

Newlywed Toya Wright (she's already changed her name on Twitter to Memphitz's last name) and her daughter Reginae and fam donned Memphitz's new "Do Work" tees and tanks from his new company.

And Monica sent out some Mommy Tweets today:

A pic with Rocko at Toya's wedding and Romelo at home--she said she missed them and her plane hasn't even taken off.  She gushed about them:

Romelo's a handful,in the cutest way. So outgoing like me while Rocko's reserved like their dad, genetics LOL

And Angela SImmons tweeted a pic from "her favorite place".  We're pretty sure that means Miami Beach.

First Lady Michelle Obama Gets Soccer & Push-Up Happy In Cape Town!

Posted: 23 Jun 2011 01:17 PM PDT

First Lady Michelle Obama is bringing her workout routine that gives her those arms we all envy over to Cape Town, South Africa.  During her diplomatic trip, she did push-ups and played soccer with the kiddies.  But she wasn't alone--Archbishop Desmond Tutu was there to welcome FLOTUS as well!

 

Pics and deets inside...

It was all about the kiddies during Mrs. Obama's stop in Cape Town today.  She hosted a soccer event with 55 high school boys and girls from the township at the capital's brand new soccer stadium, and gave them a mini-inspirational speech after playing around with them a bit.

Nobel Peace Prize winner Archbishop Desmond Tutu got in on the soccer playing and push-ups as well.  Gotta love that.

 

Mrs. O rocked a colorful green blouse and navy blue slacks and her bright blue flats.

 

FLOTUS spoke to the kids about not being fearful of achieving higher levels than high school--and to not be afraid of attending University. 

The White House reports that a retired cleric asked the First Lady: "What do you feel? How are you feeling being here?"
Mrs. O answered, gesturing to her two daughters, her niece and nephew: "It's not about us now--it's about them."

The Obama ladies' next stop is Botswana.

Missy Elliott Reveals Her Struggle With Graves Disease, Says "You Live With It The Rest Of Your Life"

Posted: 23 Jun 2011 12:09 PM PDT

There once was a time when it seemed like every track on urban radio featured Missy and Timbaland. Missy's absence from the game has been noticeable recently, and now she reveals where she's been...

 

Though she did produce hits for her good friend Monica over the past two years, R&B fans may have noticed that Missy's musical output has slowed down over the past few years and now she reveals why.

In an article in PEOPLE Magazine, the "Work It" singer reveals that she was diagnosed with Graves disease in 2008 after she nearly crashed her car.

“I was (driving and) trying to put my foot on the brake, but my leg was jumping,” she told People magazine. “I couldn’t keep the brake down and almost crashed… I couldn’t write because my nervous system was so bad – I couldn’t even use a pen.”

Graves is an autoimmune disease that impacts the thyroid. Its symptoms include hyperactivity, insomnia, muscle weakness, and bulging eyes. Additional symptoms are hair loss and mood swings. Missy revealed that radiation therapy has helped with her struggle.

“I’m 30 pounds lighter because I’ve been exercising,” she says. “My thyroid is functioning, so I haven’t had to take medication in about nine months. (But) you live with it for the rest of your life.”

Wow.  You just never know the things people are going through.  Stay strong Missy!

VIDEO FAB: Estelle Ft. Rick Ross-"Break My Heart"

Posted: 23 Jun 2011 12:08 PM PDT

Estelle's brand new video for "Break My Heart" ft. Rick Ross just dropped.  Check out the duo in a beautiful L.A. setting in the visuals for the hot track inside....

 

The video was directed by Iren Sheffield and Chris Robinson and features actor Omari Hardwick.

Loves this song.  It's the first single off her upcoming All of Me album dropping this fall.  Cute vid.

By the way, Estelle is performing two sold-out shows tomorrow night for the Blue Note Jazz Festival in NYC.

Jamie Foxx Lands Lead Role In "Django Unchained" + Boyz II Men, Barry White & Jennifer Lopez Get Walk Of Fame Stars

Posted: 23 Jun 2011 11:22 AM PDT

Jamie Foxx has landed the lead role in the upcoming flim Django Unchained and we have deets about the movie inside. Also, find out what celebs will be joining Jennifer Lopez in receiving a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame.

 

Much like Samuel Jackson (who starred in Quentin Tarantino's Pulp Fiction), Jamie Foxx has a way with foul language, so it will be interesting to see him starring in Quentin Tarantino's next film, Django Unchained.

Quentin, who's know for the "interesting" dialogue in his films will direct the western-influence film about a freed slave who become a contract killer and eventually returns to his old plantation to retrieve his wife. Hmmm.....very interesting concept.

And the movie is packed with star power.  Jamie joins Leonardo DiCaprio and Kerry Washington in the film.  And also, fan favorite and Tarantino regular Samuel L Jackson will play a slave in the flick. 

This movie already sounds like a classic.

 

By the way, Jamie Foxx’s latest film, HORRIBLE BOSSES, hits theaters on July 8th:

It's a hilarious new comedy where Jamie stars as a bumbling murder consultant for a group of friends sick and tired of their bosses' outrageous behavior. HORRIBLE BOSSES also features Jason Bateman (“Couples Retreat”), Jennifer Aniston (“He’s Just Not that into You”), and Oscar Winner Kevin Spacey (“American Beauty”).

 

Also in Hollywood news...

 

The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce has announced that Barry White, Boyz II Men, Jennifer Lopez and Vin Diesel will soon join a long list of celebrities honored with their own star on the famed and Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2012.

John Pavlik, the chair of the Hollywood Walk of Fame Selection Committee, spoke about the selections saying,

"The committee has selected a fabulous slate of stars to add sparkle and luster to the Hollywood Walk of Fame over the next year, as well as to generate a once-in-a-lifetime Hollywood experience for many of the visitors who stop by when their favorite personalities are having their stars placed in the world-famous sidewalk of the stars.”

Congrats to them all.  About to pull out my old Boyz II Men cds NOW....

 

The Randomness

1.  Sean Kingston has been released from the hospital.  Story.

WIN 2 VIP TIX TO SEE BEYONCE KNOWLES ROCK THE "GOOD MORNING AMERICA" SUMMER CONCERT STAGE!

Posted: 23 Jun 2011 10:07 AM PDT

TheYBF.com is giving one of our fabulous readers the chance of a lifetime.  Beyonce Knowles is taking over "Good Morning America" and the Summer Concert Series on July 1st.  And we're giving 1 uber lucky reader 2 tix to see the girl who runs the world. But YOU will be watching from a VIP area directly in front of the stage!

Enter to win inside...

TheYBF.com and Columbia Records are giving ONE UBER FABULOUS READER (2) VIP TIX to see Beyonce run the stage at "GMA"'s Summer Concert Series July 1st.  And no bad views here--our VIP TIX winners will watch from the VIP pit DIRECTLY in front of the stage!

Here's the run-down:

  • (1) YBF winner will receive (1 pair) of VIP tickets & (1) 4 album!
  • Concert is July 1, 2011 at Rumsey Playfield in Central Park in New York City. Winner(s) MUST arrive by 6AM EST.
  • Winner(s) must be in the New York area. Travel/Transportation accommodations are not provided by neither TheYBF.com nor Columbia Records.
  • ENTER via the contest form below OR send an email with FULL Name, valid e-mail address, and valid contact phone number to Giveaways@theybf.com. 
  • 1 ENTRY PER PERSON. Multiple entrants will be disqualified.
  • Contest ends June 28, 2011.  WINNER announced on TheYBF.com and via email on June 29, 2011.

While you're doing the COUNTDOWN to find out if you're a winner, hit up ITunes HERE to cop Bey's 4 album early.

No comments:

Post a Comment