Sunday, June 19, 2011

Pink is the New Blog | Everybody's Business Is My Business

Pink is the New Blog | Everybody's Business Is My Business


Ryan Gosling Has Dog, Will Travel

Posted: 18 Jun 2011 02:00 PM PDT

When last we saw photos of Ryan Gosling here on the blog, it was Mother’s Day and Ryan showed up at his mom’s house to surprise her on her special day. Today we get to see new photos of Ryan with his trusty BFF George the dog as the pair made their way thru LAX Airport bound for destination unknown. Click below to see a few cute photos of Ryan and his fave traveling companion George.


Since this weekend is Father’s Day weekend, it’s entirely possible that Ryan is flying home to see his dad on his special day … but even if he’s bound for another destination, who cares?! We still get cute new photos of Ryan and George. You know, I’m not a big dog person but I have to admit … there is something extra adorable about a man and his pet pooch. I totally think it’s true that owners and pets look alike … and I think George is a great dog version of Ryan, don’t you? Wherever these two are headed, I hope they have a great trip!

[Photo credit: Bauer-Griffin]

Movie Review: ‘Green Lantern’

Posted: 18 Jun 2011 01:00 PM PDT

Welp, so much for great expectations. It is with a heavy heart that I report that the DC Comics superhero film Green Lantern — which stars Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, Mark Strong and Peter Sarsgaard — is, at best, an average movie. Try as I might to like it, I came away from the seeing the film firmly convinced that Green Lantern is a solid C movie; a 5 out of 10. For every cool, awesome thing in the film there was a terrible, face palming thing to negate the positive. While I didn’t hate the movie entirely, I can’t say that I even came close to loving it.


From the first moment I learned that Green Lantern would be a heavily CGIed movie, I was worried that the final product would look cheesy and horrible … and, it turns out, I was half right. While there are plenty of really cool CGI scenes that I loved (in particular, the scenes on the planet Oa and the Parallax battle scene at the end of the film), there were plenty of CGI scenes that looked so laughably bad that I couldn’t help but cringe. The Green Lantern Guardians were just … silly. In fact, most of the movie was silly … which, for a superhero film that is trying to tell the epic tale of a hero, is a very bad thing. As much as I love Ryan Reynolds, I think he is wrong for the part of Hal Jordan/Green Lantern. Some actors can make a superhero suit look believable … Ryan cannot. Every time he put the mask on, I just rolled my eyes. Green Lantern just works better in comic books or animation … in live action form, at least in this movie, he comes off as a bit of a joke. The movie lacks excitement and none of the scenes packed much of a punch. I don’t understand … the story and possibilities are so endless with Green Lantern that I was just so underwhelmed with what we actually got in this film. I can’t even begin to guess how much money they spent on CGI (after all, GL’s entire suit was made of CGI special effects) but I was shocked at how much they didn’t spend on the sets. Everything but the CGI looked cheap … even the science lab set was a let down (and y’all know that science labs are easy to make look impressive — flashing lights, video screens, beakers, shiny instruments). Many things didn’t make sense either. Now, this may be a bit of a spoiler but anyone with any passing knowledge of Green Lantern knows that Sinestro becomes GL‘s arch nemesis (hello, his name is SINESTRO!) … in the movie, Sinestro convinces the Guardians to forge a yellow ring to harness the yellow power of fear. He does this even tho the Guardians KNOW what the yellow power of fear can do (among the terrible things it does in the film is completely take over and kill one of the Guardians themselves). Then, at the very end, after Green Lanter defeats Parallax and his seemingly insurmountable yellow power of fear … Sinestrowithout explanation — takes off his green ring and puts on the yellow ring, becoming evil. What? Yes, I know Sinestro becomes evil … but this movie EXPLAINS NOTHING about why he does so … AT ALL! Blah. Bad writing is so annoying.

That said, I did like many parts of the film … there are scenes where Reynolds is very charming as Hal Jordan and Green Lantern. There are a couple of shirtless scenes that make the film worth the price of admission alone. I did love seeing the Green Lantern story (as flawed as it is in this film) come to life on the big screen. In the end, I was let down more than I liked … but my love for the character just kept me interested. IMHO, both Thor and X-Men: First Class are the FAR superior superhero films when compared to Green Lantern. If you’re looking for eye candy and a semi-entertaining film, Green Lantern is for you. In the end, I’m glad I saw the film but … in retrospect, I wish I had waited until I was NOT on vacation to devote a few hours to watching it :/

Mini Me

Posted: 18 Jun 2011 12:00 PM PDT

Last night was a really fun and really laid back for a night in D-Town. I spent my afternoon hanging out with my parents at home and ended up spending a lot of time rummaging thru old boxes looking for stuff to bring home with me to LA. I, thankfully, found a box full of vinyl records and — unfortunately — found my junior high school yearbook. My 8th grade photo is so (terribly) funny that I had to share it with all y’all. Later in the night, my friends and I went out to see Green Lantern. The night ended with ice cream. All in all, a pretty good Friday, I’d say.


Yes, folks … this is what I looked like when I was in the 8th grade. Yes, the sweater was too baggy … yes, I’m actually wearing a gold chain AND a teeth retainer. Yes, I had a lot of fuzzy hair. OY! To be honest, my goal was to find my vinyl so I don’t have any other embarrassing photos to share with all y’all … but I hope you get a kick out of this photo. Last night, Sarah, Mark, David and I made our way out to the AMC 20 in Livonia, MI to see Green Lantern. My review for that movie is forthcoming but I’ll tell you right now, it wasn’t the best movie I’ve ever seen … not by a long shot.

Today, I’m gonna try to get my buns out to Royal Oak, MI to run a few errands before meeting up with Tracey and my goddaughter Zakiya this afternoon. Tonight, Sarah is hosting a little soirée at her place so I can see a few more friends. It promises to be a grand affair. Happy Saturday!!

Les News, 061811

Posted: 18 Jun 2011 11:00 AM PDT

Michael Lohan Got Hit By A Bus

Posted: 18 Jun 2011 10:00 AM PDT

Michael Lohan, estranged father of trainwreck Lindsay Lohan, got himself into a little car accident yesterday and, wouldn’t you know it … TMZ was RIGHT THERE to witness the whole thing. Lohan was sideswiped by a Metro Bus while driving on Sunset Blvd. in LA, CA and a TMZ staffer just happened to be there to see the whole thing go down. Click below to find out what happened to poor Daddy Lohan.

Michael Lohan just got into a car accident on the Sunset Strip — when a metro bus crashed into his blue Jaguar in the middle of rush hour … and TMZ’s Mike Walters witnessed the whole thing. According to Walters, Michael’s car was slowly approaching a stoplight near the Director’s Guild of America when the bus was attempted to pass him … and accidentally sideswiped Lohan’s car. Walters got out of his car and checked on Lohan — who said, “Of course you’re here when I get hit by a bus … we exchanged information and everything is fine.” Walters says Lohan’s car only appeared to have minor scratches and scrapes and Lohan was not injured.

I suppose I’m glad to know that Lohan wasn’t injured at all … I guess. But don’t you find it very funny that TMZ happened to be right there when this latest bit of Lohan drama went down? If I didn’t know any better, I’d suspect that Lohan somehow caused the accident just to get a little attention … but we all know that would never happen, right? It’s more likely that TMZ has outfitted Michael Lohan with a GPS tracking chip … you know, just in case of instances like this. What I wanna know is who was driving the bus that smashed into Lohan … any chance it was Dina Lohan? HMMMM.

[Source]

Watch: ‘Conan The Barbarian’ Releases A Red Band Trailer

Posted: 18 Jun 2011 09:00 AM PDT

Last month the remake film Conan the Barbarian released a first movie trailer, giving us our first look at Jason Momoa in action as the hunky and heroic Conan. Today we get to see a red band trailer for the film. Red band trailers are dubbed so because they tend to feature more sex and/or violence. In this case, this new Conan trailer has been red banded because there is a LOT of blood in it. Check out this bloody new trailer below.


Dang, there are heads dropping from necks all over the place in this trailer. I have to admit, I really like this trailer a lot more than the regular trailer we saw last month. I don’t recall that the original Conan film from the 80′s being this bloody but, well, these days … things are bloodier. I have fallen in LOVE with Jason Momoa from his role on Game of Thrones. I am really looking forward to him in the lead role in this film. Conan the Barbarian opens in theaters on August 15. Does this trailer make you want to see the film more … or less?

[Source]

‘Jilted Groom’ Hugh Hefner Reconnects With A Pair Of His Former Girlfriends

Posted: 18 Jun 2011 08:00 AM PDT

Yesterday we saw a photo of “Runaway Bride” Crystal Harris lookin’ happy as can be in the company of her male friend Jordan McGraw and today we learn that “Jilted Groom” Hugh Hefner is finding solace in a pair of old friends. As you may recall, after Holly Madison broke up with Hef (reportedly because he wouldn’t marry her), Hugh moved in 3 new girlfriends to take her place … one of those new girlfriends was Crystal Harris and the other two were twins Karissa and Kristina Shannon. Once Hef decided he wanted to marry Crystal, he gave the twins the boot from the Playboy Mansion. Now that Crystal went and dumped Hef on the eve of their wedding (which was supposed to take place today), the twins were brought back into the fold and have already moved back into the mansion. Dang, Hugh Hefner doesn’t like to stay single for long, does he?

[Today] was meant to be the day that Hugh Hefner walked down the aisle with his beautiful girlfriend Crystal Harris.
But rather than sobbing over his ‘runaway bride’ the Playboy tycoon has found the perfect medicine for his broken heart – two more pretty blondes.
Days after being ditched the 85-year-old welcomed former girlfriends Karissa and Kristina back into the Playboy mansion. Pulling up in a luxury white Mercedes, their pet handbag sized pooches in the back, the twins confirmed the move. And in their tiny hotpants they looked sure to cheer up their former ‘boyfriend’. Karissa even dumped her boyfriend, Smallville actor Sam Jones, in order to comfort Hefner. And it emerged that the Playboy playmate even lied about the fact that she was returning to the mansion. Friends told TMZ that she claimed she needed to go to the mansion for professional reasons, only admitting she was getting back together with Hefner after Jones helped her to pack.

I realize that Hugh Hefner has a playboy image to keep up but, IMHO, this shuffling of women doesn’t make him look cool … it just makes him look old and desperate not to be alone. With all due respect, I honestly do not believe that Hefner knows what true love is. He has made an empire based on bathing himself in women and, yet, I truly doubt he has ever felt love from or for any of those women … not even Holly Madison. I believe she loved him but I don’t think he even knows how to love a woman … surely not a single woman at a time. I guess Hugh Hefner will have to content himself with constantly surrounding himself with young, beautiful women — which some may argue is not a bad thing at all. But, if he is looking for true love, he is going about it the entirely wrong way. And in the end, his time may run out before he even realizes it. As rich as he is, I really feel sorry for Hugh Hefner.

[Source]

Britney Spears Announces Her ‘I Wanna Go’ Music Video Will Be Released On June 22

Posted: 18 Jun 2011 07:00 AM PDT

Britney Spears, who just kicked off her Femme Fatale Tour in Sacramento, CA on Thursday night, has posted a new announcement and photo concerning her new music video for her brilliant single I Wanna Go. Britney announces that the video will be released next Wednesday June 22 … and to tease for the vid’s release, she also shares a new photo from the finished video. Click below to check it out.

Shame on me to need release! I-I-I-Wanna-G-O-O-O video comes out June 22nd. #IWANNAGO -Britney

Without question, I Wanna Go is my fave track off her new album Femme Fatale. From the first clip of the song that we heard back in March I fell in absolute LOVE with the song. I am really, really looking forward to this video’s release. I’m excited, y’all … CAN’T WAIT!!

[Source]

First Look: Tom Cruise As Stacee Jaxx In ‘Rock Of Ages’

Posted: 18 Jun 2011 06:00 AM PDT

Back in October of 2009 we learned that plans were in the works to adapt the hit Broadway musical Rock of Ages for the big screen and earlier this year, filming production finally got underway on the film. Tom Cruise has been cast as rock star Stacee Jaxx (who was played on Broadway by James Carpinello, who is married to Buffyverse actress Amy Acker) and today we get our first look at Tom as Stacee. A dramatic promo photo of Cruise as Jaxx has been released on Tom Cruise‘s official website … which you can check out below.


For those of you who don’t know the story, Rock of Ages (in a nutshell) tells the tale of a young musician trying to make it on the Sunset Strip in Los Angeles, CA in the mid-1980′s with all the music in the musical adapted from hit songs from the 80′s. Stacee Jaxx is the character that the protagonist, Drew Boley, wants to become. In the film Drew is played by actor Diego Boneta (who you may recognize from brief stints on 90210 and Pretty Little Liars). Here is a photo of Boneta as Boley on the Rock of Ages set this week:


In the musical, Drew is played by American Idol contestant Constantine Maroulis. I understand that Diego was cast as Drew because Constantine is now too old to play the part of a young dreamer. In any event … I had my misgivings about Tom Cruise in the role of Stacee Jaxx mainly because he doesn’t look like Stacee Jaxx. Stacee the character is modeled on Poison frontman Bret Michaels. Here is a side-by-side comparison of new Stacee Jaxx Tom Cruise and original Stacee Jaxx James Carpinello:


Clearly they are going for a new look for the character. Seeing the photo above, I think my misgivings are eased a bit. I’m still very worried by this film adaptation of Rock of Ages because the absolutely horrid Russell Brand has been cast as the story’s narrator Lonny. In the musical, Lonny‘s role is very important and key to the story’s success. I love the musical Rock of Ages so much, I don’t want the movie version to suck. I guess we’ll have to wait and see how it all turns out but … I guess I can admit that Tom looks pretty good as a rock god. What do y’all think of his mucled up body? Do you approve?

[Photo credit: INFdaily]

No comments:

Post a Comment