Monday, June 20, 2011

Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


LeAnn Rimes’s new interview: “I have this really wicked, sick sense of humor”

Posted: 20 Jun 2011 09:01 AM PDT

wenn56717621

LeAnn Rimes gave a new interview to PopEater to promote her appearance on the Lifetime show Drop Dead Diva - which I've never watched, ever. Is it any good? Meh. LeAnn will be playing a lawyer (ha!), and supposedly, the role is supposed to be LeAnn's way of making fun of her real life as an insane drama queen. They wrote it for her! And she thinks she's just the biggest actress and singer EVER. Here's the full thing:

Lately, you do more acting than singing.
RIMES: Yes. ‘Drop Dead Diva’ asked me to do an episode last year. The character they offered me the first time is the complete opposite of this one, I loved it. But the timing wasn’t right. They wrote this character specifically for me, hoping I’d do it. I loved it when I read it. The show’s great, really funny. I love playing the scorned ex-wife of a TV star.

Are you careful not to take roles from producers who try to capitalize on your off-screen life?
Completely. And I didn’t feel that this was. There are enough differences between my life, what I’ve experienced and this [character.] People don’t normally see me in roles like this. They see me in love stories. To do this was really funny. During breaks people on set were like, ‘You play a bitch real well.’ (Laughs) I said, “Thank you! That’s a compliment.”

What do you like about ‘Diva?’
The message of the show is that this aspiring model died and came back in someone else’s body, who is heavier, not necessarily who she’d want to be. But she has this amazing heart and is this smart-as-a-whip lawyer. We think body image is black-and-white, but we all come in so many different shapes and sizes. I just love that that’s on television — that there’s a real woman on television playing someone incredibly smart and successful. They break into song every once in a while. It’s really fun and really well-written, too.

Did you sing in the episode?
No. I plan on staying away from singing roles as much as possible unless it’s makes sense for the character to be doing it.

Hollywood tends to put people in boxes. Is it difficult to get producers to see you as an actress?
Yeah. That happened before, but as you prove you have talent [it changes.] My voice will always be my God-given first talent, but acting is a different way of expressing myself. I’m really enjoying it. I’m trying to find roles that are right for me and I’m enjoying them.

Do you and Eddie talk about acting?
Yeah. He was on set with me a few times, and he’d watch on the monitor. He’ll say every once in a while, “Hey, try this,” or “Try that.” It’s always great having him around. But for the most part, we let each other do what we do. (Laughs.) He gives me singing tips most of the time, which is even worse. [Note: Cibrian sang in a boy band called '3Deep.'] I’ve actually been working on acting since I was 15.

You did a one-day gig on ‘Days of our Lives’ opposite Jensen Ackles (’Supernatural’) way back in 1998.
Jensen was so sweet. The whole soap world is so hard. The hours [are long] and they shoot so quickly. I got that script that morning. It was one of the craziest things I ever did. But it was dipping my toe into the deep end. I did it because Jensen is a good friend.

The NBC Salt Lake City affiliate doesn’t want Eddie’s new series ‘The Playboy Club.’
No. I think the best quote was from NBC when [execs] said they’ll find some other station to carry it. It captures that era. They really recreated The Playboy Club itself, and the hair, makeup and styling. It’s all pretty genius.

There was a recent report about Tori Spelling in a car accident after being chased by photographers.
It’s definitely out of control. They hide in the weirdest places. Eddie has two children. When my step-kids are with me, I get very protective. We can get bombarded. If we ignore it, then the kids ignore it. I saw what happened to Tori. I felt so badly for her. You can get so freaked out when [pararazzi] is following you, you don’t know what you’re doing. Hopefully, they’ll back off.

What do you want people to know about you after watching your gig on ‘Diva’?
People will either go “Oh, my God, I can’t believe she did that” in a negative way or they’ll say, “Oh, my God, it’s hilarious!” After all she’s been through, she played that role! There are so many lies that have been told about Eddie and me. It’s just ridiculous. You go through phases where you can’t believe people are doing this and being mean and hurtful. And then you have phases were you just laugh at it because it’s so outlandish. That’s the place that I’ve come to. People may think I’m an incredibly serious person, but I have this really wicked, sick sense of humor. I think the way you see I play the role [will show that.] You’ve got to laugh at yourself and your life. You can’t take everything so seriously.

[From PopEater]

There's so much stupidity here. I love the idea of Eddie trying to give LeAnn acting notes. I love the idea that in her mind, she's got all of the scripts and acting options open to her, and she can afford to be choosey, like she didn't just take a guest spot on a C-rated cable show. But the real hilarity comes when she whines about people being mean to her, and has the audacity to suggest that the paparazzi just follow her around all day just because she's so famous. This from the woman who pap'd herself nearly every day of her honeymoon. This from the woman who arranged paparazzi photos of herself to coincide with her engagement announcement! This is the woman who tweets photos of herself, just in case you wanted a closeup photo of her in a bikini! Jesus.

fp_7379872_rimescibrian_honeymoon_excl_fp10fly_30_41

fp_7379724_rimescibrian_honeymoon_excl_fp10fly_02_41

fp_7379877_rimescibrian_honeymoon_excl_fp10fly_35_41

fp_7379882_rimescibrian_honeymoon_excl_fp10fly_40_41

Photos courtesy of WENN & Fame.

Goop, behind the wheel, got busted by the NYPD, scandal!

Posted: 20 Jun 2011 08:49 AM PDT

wenn33975862

It would be really juicy if this story came with great detail, but alas. All that we really know is that, last Thursday evening, Gwyneth Paltrow was still Gooping it up in the latest of her series of “surprise” appearances with the “Glee Live!” tour. The next day, the Insufferable One was apparently running errands in New York City and (shock!) drove her own glorious self around town in the process. In doing so, Goop somehow incurred the wrath of the NYPD and duly Tweeted the photographic evidence:

Gwyneth Paltrow couldn’t sing her way out of a run-in with the NYPD Friday night. She posted on her Twitter feed a photo taken from the driver’s seat of her side-view mirror, which showed a squad car with lights flashing behind her vehicle. Paltrow posted the caption: “Oops. Busted by New Yorks finest.” But no word on why. The night before, the foodie-actress had shown up unexpectedly at the IZOD Center to perform the Cee Lo hit, “Forget You,” during the “Glee Live!” concert. A rep for Paltrow didn’t get back to us.

[From Page Six]

Well, I sort of love how Goop is still trying to prove that she’s just like us. In fact, she’s so approachable that even the NYPD feels comfortable pulling her over. Naturally, Kaiser and I speculated on the reason behind the traffic stop, and she thinks Goop might claim that they stopped her for one of her divine recipes. If only, right? It was probably something boring like an expired tag, but I would’ve loved to watch Goop trying to keep her composure in the event that she was approached by an overweight cop. You know she wouldn’t be able to resist saying something like, “What’s going on here? Too many donuts? Get it together!”

goopnycfinest

wenn33975911

Photos courtesy of WENN and Goop’s Twitter

Colin Farrell’s man-cleavage will seduce and impregnate us all

Posted: 20 Jun 2011 08:30 AM PDT

wenn3405562

I honestly feel like I could get pregnant just from looking at photos of Colin Farrell. It's different with other dudes that I like - say, Gerard Butler. I'll look at a photo of Gerard, and I'll stare at for a while, analyzing his hair or his clothes, checking to see if I can make out a glorious bulge. With Colin, I feel like I have to look away. Like, I can't stare too hard or else I'll get pregnant, or worse. If anyone is capable of inseminating a woman without being in the room, it's Colin. He's just that virile.

Anyway, these are photos of Colin and his man-cleavage at the MMVAs last night. I don't know why his shirt is unbuttoned so far, especially considering the night was pretty heavy on the tweens. Most of the people there were underage? And here's Dirty Uncle Colin, getting 13-year-olds pregnant with a piercing gaze and half a pec.

Colin was in Toronto for the MMVAs because he's filming Total Recall in town. He arrived there a while back, but Jessica Biel (his costar) just came to town last week. Now we can look forward to many, many, MANY stories pushed by Biel's rep about how Colin is getting Jessica pregnant with his cupcakes or whatever. According to a "preview" of Biel's agenda, an insider told The Mail last week that Biel "loves Colin's accent and personality. She's completely over Justin, she's having fun being single and thinks Colin is a blast. They've been hanging out between takes and Colin's suggested they go out after work." Biel better watch out. Colin isn't going to be down with some PR-friendly thing. He'll just get her pregnant and dump her.

wenn3406097

wenn3405554

wenn3406091

wenn3405996

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Selena Gomez, in hot pants, cozies up to Justin Bieber at the MMVAs

Posted: 20 Jun 2011 07:57 AM PDT

wenn3405580

Here are some photos of Selena Gomez at the MMVAs last night in Toronto. Selena was the co-host, I think, and for most of the show, she wore this little hot-pants-and-vest combination. She's 18 years old, so I guess she can legally wear whatever she wants. I've said this before, but I think Selena is a pretty little thing, but let's face, she doesn't look 18. She looks 12. And the idea of a 12-year-old in this outfit is kind of gross. Especially when her 17-year-old boyfriend Justin Bieber is staring at her boobs. Bieber won the Best International Video (he tied with Drake), and when he accepted his award, he said to Selena, “Selena, nice to meet you. My name is Justin. You’re very beautiful. Maybe we can go out sometime!” Aw… he seems loved up, right?

By the way, Selena gave an interview that has been widely discussed, mostly because people thing she's alluding to her phantom pregnancy. Selena told E! News, "I never really said I want to be a role model. But then when it happened I was so down for it… I’m human, I’m not perfect. I make mistakes all the time, but I guess my job is to keep those mistakes to myself, which I’m already fine doing and just try to be the best I can be for those kids.” Er… oh, God.

Now, I won't make any jokes about Selena's alleged pregnancy, mostly because the idea that she could be knocked up with a baby Bieber is incredibly depressing. I think that for now, we should just buy Selena's story about iron-deficiency and being malnourished or whatever. Part of me thinks that even if she was pregnant, her family would probably quietly get her an abortion. Right? I know Bieber's family is super-religious, but Selena's parents are standard-issue stage parents, right? And her mom had Selena when she was a teenager too. I just think the pregnancy issue would have been dealt with, if it was really a thing. And I hope to God Selena is on the pill or something. Fingers crossed.

wenn3406062

wenn3405581

wenn3405572

wenn3405553

wenn3405611

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Linnocent tried to pick a fight with Cameron Diaz, her bodyguard says

Posted: 20 Jun 2011 07:19 AM PDT

wenn2600146

This is just a silly little story, but I enjoyed it to no end, mostly because I think a version of this story goes down nearly every night that Linnocent is out clubbing. According to Radar, a former bodyguard of many celebrities has written a tell-all book about guarding the stars. Considering the story is about how he "guarded" Linnocent while she was cracked-out at a club, I think we know why this dude decided on a career change. There isn't enough money in the world to attempt to guard Linnocent when she drunk off her ass, doing lines and trying to start something. Anyhoodle, the bodyguard claims that one night, back when Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake together, all of them were at the same club: Camy, JT, Linnocent, Camy's bodyguard, and Linnocent's bodyguard, the dude telling the story. Basically, Linnocent was trying to pick a fight with Camy, and JT intervened with the bodyguard:

Justin Timberlake is a smooth operator in more ways than one. According to celebrity bodyguard Lee Weaver, Timberlake once defused a beef between his then-girlfriend Cameron Diaz and troubled starlet Lindsay Lohan.

RadarOnline.com obtained an exclusive copy of Weaver's new book, Memoirs of a Celebrity Bodyguard, in which he details a night out on duty with Lohan at a Hollywood club where they ran into Diaz and Timberlake.

"They sat right next to us in another booth," Weaver writes. "Right after that I heard one of Lindsay's girlfriend say, 'There is that b**ch! Go kick her a** right now.'"

Weaver claims that Lohan attempted to ditch Weaver in an effort to have words with Diaz, but with bodyguards surrounding both tables, it was the unlikeliest of heroes coming to the rescue — Timberlake!

"Justin walked right up to me and said, 'Hey big man can I talk to you for a second?'" Weaver writes.

"Justin says, 'Cameron and Lindsay are looking at each other like they want to kill each other. I don't know what this is all about but I came out just to listen to some music and have a good time. I definitely don't want to fight you and I know you don't want to fight me. This is what we can do. I will keep Cameron in our booth and you keep Lindsay in her booth.'"

Weaver implies in the book that it was Lohan who was the instigator, and after coming to an agreement, Timberlake and Diaz left the club just 20 minutes later.

"Today I still respect Justin Timberlake for wanting to smooth that situation out," Weaver said.

[From Radar]

Kudos for JT for trying to keep the peace. This is probably the point when Linnocent began hating him and calling him out on Twitter for being a cheater (remember that?). But I for one would have loved to see a Cameron Diaz-Linnocent smack down. Let's face it: that would have been an intense fight. Linnocent is a crackhead, and she's wily and sneaky, so she wouldn't fight fair. But Camy, I believe, is stronger and tougher overall. Camy would have beaten Linnocent to a pulp. And it would have been awesome.

fp_7418176_rij_guys_choice_57_831

fp_7484619_bulls_diaz_cameron_02_12

wenn2600148

Photos courtesy of Fame & WENN.

Lady Gaga’s multiple costumes at the MMVAs: inappropriate or cute?

Posted: 20 Jun 2011 06:50 AM PDT

wenn3405634-1

I don't know how much coverage I should do of last night's Much Music Video Awards in Canada. I'm kind of meh on most music awards shows, and it doesn't seem like the event was for anybody but tweens. Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber were there (Selena hosted, I believe). Colin Farrell was there. And Lady Gaga… with some new costumes. That about it. Re: Gaga and her costumes… if what I think about this show simply being aimed at tweens (Canadian tweens, at that), Gaga's outfits bordered on inappropriate, but mostly they just looked dated, and like she was trying too hard. I also don't know what to say about her hair - and I think the long, blue hair is actually Gaga's. I spy roots. Anyway, Gaga spoke to the Hollywood Reporter about her dream of launching a fashion line:

TORONTO – She may have book-ended the MuchMusic Video Awards with two stage performances, but Lady Gaga made her biggest exclamation Sunday night in Toronto when she told the media she hopes one day to be a fashion designer.

"I really, really have such admiration for fashion designers and I'm such good friends with them," Gaga said while fielding questions backstage.

"I'd love to have a fashion line when I stop making music for a while, for a year. But that's not going to happen soon. I'm in love with song-writing right now," she added.

Gaga, in a celebratory mood after winning two trophies Sunday night, including for most popular international artist in the fan category, offered advice to fellow artists about dealing with the paparazzi.

"I would say the press is your friend, and it's all an art form. You choose what the public views and what the public sees of you. And I believe I'm in public all the time," she said.

The New Yorker also said she's not giving up her humble East Side apartment anytime soon, even as she spends more time in Los Angeles.

"I wrote so much music in that place, I got so inspired living there. Part of me is terrified that if I leave, the courage and feeling of survival in New York City will leave my spirit," Gaga told reporters.

"Every day I say such a deep thank you to the higher powers for being able to make music and follow my drams. My apartment grounds me and it's nice to get in the bathtub sometimes and know there's some hot water," she added.

[From The Hollywood Reporter]

At some point, Gaga really needs to stop with this whole Madonna-esque origin story where she describes the horrible existence she had before she was "discovered". She graduated high school and worked as an amateur performer for a few years, she comes from a wealthy family who helped support her, and she was (and is) coked out her skull much of the time. Sure, I'm guessing she had some bad moments. But let's not act like she was just toiling away for years and years and that time was so overwhelmingly awful.

Meh. Here are some of her many costume changes:

wenn3405650

wenn3405613

wenn3405619

wenn3405583

wenn3405031

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Michael Bay: Steven Spielberg ordered me to fire Megan Fox

Posted: 20 Jun 2011 06:38 AM PDT

wenn1377978

As we get closer to the release of the new Transformers film, many people have been discussing how Megan Fox's replacement, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, looks even WORSE than Megan Fox. While Megan will never be confused as a good actress or even a nominally intelligent person, in the clips that we've seen of Rosie, she looks absolutely awful, actress-wise. Some have been giving credit to Megan: at least she was watchable, I guess? For me, I can give Megan credit for being watchable, but only in the way that you watch a car crash. I remember all of the dumb crap Megan Fox has said over the years. She is severely stupid, and she is epically unprofessional, like the time she compared Michael Bay to Adolf Hitler. For real. If she didn't have a legion of fan-boys drooling over her, Megan would have been thrown out of Hollywood long ago.

Anyway, the sleazy, gross director of the Transformers films, Michael Bay, has a new story about why Megan Fox left the franchise. For a while, we played a game of "Was Megan pushed or did she jump?" and it basically came down to "both". Megan wanted out of the franchise that made her a household name, and it was assumed that Michael Bay - and the crew, who wrote an angry open letter to Fox - wanted Fox gone too. Bay now says that it's not on him: Steven Spielberg was the one who ordered Bay to fire Fox. And it was all about those Hitler comments.

Steven Spielberg demanded Megan Fox be fired from the latest Transformers film after she insulted its director, it has been revealed. The Hollywood legend was outraged after the screen beauty compared Michael Bay to Hitler during a press interview. The 25-year-old actress was quickly dumped from the film and replaced by British model Rosie Huntingdon-Whitley.

Fox had tried to claim she left the third in the series of the films to pursue other acting opportunities. But ahead of the July 4 premiere of Transformers 3 director Bay has revealed for the first time he was told to get rid of the actress.

He said: ‘You know the Hitler thing. Steven (Spielberg) said, fire her right now.’

Spielberg is executive producer of the film which stars Shia LaBeouf. Fox had appeared in the first two Transformers films and the roles helped her be named one of the sexiest women in the world. She had been cast in the third film but shortly before production began she gave an interview to the British magazine Wonderland.

In it she said Bay wanted to be like Hitler on his sets. Other crew members from the film hit back on a blog comparing Fox’s acting to that of a porn star.

In an open letter posted on Michael Bay’s website the crew member wrote: ‘Michael found this shy, inexperienced girl, plucked her out of total obscurity thus giving her the biggest shot of any young actresses’ life. He told everyone around to just trust him on his choice. He granted her the starring role in Transformers, a franchise that forever changed her life; she became one of the most googled and oogled women on earth. She was famous! She was the next Angelina Jolie, hooray! Wait a minute, two of us worked with Angelina – second thought – she’s no Angelina. You see, Angelina is a professional. We know this quite intimately because we’ve had the tedious experience of working with the dumb-as-a-rock Megan Fox on both Transformers movies.’

The film’s screenwriter Ehren Kruger told GQ magazine that Fox didn’t seem interested when she arrived for rehearsals for Transformers: Dark of the Moon. He said: ‘She seemed like an actress who didn’t want to be part of it.’

LaBeouf told GQ:’ She started s*** talking our captain. Which you can’t do.’

Bay said he wasn’t hurt by the Hitler comment.

[From The Mail]

Is this just Michael Bay trying to abdicate responsibility because Rosie's bad acting is about to blow up in his face? Or is Bay just being a truth-teller and letting us know that Steven Spielberg thinks Megan Fox is offensively stupid too? Probably a little bit of both. It wouldn't surprise me if Spielberg - the executive producer of a franchise that has made a ridiculous amount of money for DreamWorks - was the one to make the final call on letting Megan go. And if this is case, Megan made an extremely powerful enemy in Spielberg.

wenn3385079

wenn3024264

wenn3336026

wenn2460092

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Heidi Montag works out 14 hours a day, gets shooting pains in her fake boobs

Posted: 20 Jun 2011 06:33 AM PDT

116970796DT029_Heidi_Montag
While most of struggle to find the time for an hour fitness class, former reality star and plastic surgery poster girl Heidi Montag claims she’s been spending 14 hours a day working out. It’s not like she has anything else to do. Heidi explained to US Weekly that she’s been frantically exercising to drop the weight she gained while convalescing post surgery. She was preparing for her gig hosting a party at Wet Republic in Vegas this Saturday. Heidi was probably hoping to be the only hostess, but she was joined by Hugh Hefner’s would-be bride, Crystal Harris, for a double (quadruple) helping of silicone, collagen, fake tan and bleach. If Crystal’s wedding would have gone through as planned she would have been there instead of in Vegas getting paid to party. Poor Heidi had to share the spotlight. Here’s what she said about her fitness regime, which sounds ridiculous:

116970796DT001_Heidi_Montag

Before she slipped back into a bikini for Saturday’s party at Las Vegas’ Wet Republic — the last time she was photographed in a two-piece was April 2010 — Heidi Montag spent some serious time in the gym.

“I’ve been working out from, like, 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. for two months now. I’ve been working out really hard because I had this pool party and I was like, I have to be in shape,” she told Us Weekly. “And I was actually a lot overweight. It was the most I’ve ever been because I’ve kind of been in hiding eating pie with my husband and puppies, so I needed to get back in shape.”

At her heaviest, the 5′2″ reality star claimed she weighed 130 pounds; she’s currently back down to 103. How did the Hills alum lose 27 pounds so quickly?

“I’ve been running a lot, and I’ve been doing weights,” she said. “When you work out, you boost your metabolism, so you have to [make sure you eat enough].”

Montag — who listed pie and fried chicken as her weaknesses — said she’s been noshing on apples, cherries and salads to slim down. After famously undergoing 10 cosmetic surgeries in late 2009, Montag added that decided to take a year off from the gym.

“My breasts, because they’re so big, really needed some time,” she explained. “So I’m just starting to work out again after my surgery. Sometimes I get shooting pains, but I hear that’s normal.”

[From Us Weekly]

It’s as normal to have shooting pains in your boobs as it is to get silicone F size breasts and to have your back “scooped out”. Heidi basically has an eating disorder if she’s working out more than half the entire day and eating just some fruits and vegetables. All that obsessive work and she still got overshadowed at her bikini unveiling by Hugh Hefner’s runaway bride. At least she got a paycheck though. The last we heard of her she was flat broke, and I write that with no sense of irony.

116970796DT018_Heidi_Montag

116970796DT011_Heidi_Montag

116973915DT005_Crystal_Harr

116973915DT019_Crystal_Harr

Photo credit: Denise Truscello/Wire Image

Brad Pitt’s post-apocalyptic vision involves man-scarves

Posted: 20 Jun 2011 06:21 AM PDT

fp_7485022_bea_pitt_brad_05_06

Here are some new photos of Brad Pitt on the Malta set of World War Z, which I think he's going to be filming for most of the summer. I guess this is his style for the film too, because I think they've already started production. I have to say - Brad is looking really good to me lately. I liked it when he was looking all mobbed-up in NOLA, but now that his mullet has grown out and he looks cleaner, he's working a genuinely attractive vibe. Plus, the man just looks good in blue (that scarf should go, though).

Considering I never really thought World War Z would ever get off the ground, I'm playing catchup as to the plot. It's some kind of post-apocalypse story where Brad plays… a diplomat?

Brad, along with partner Angelina Jolie and their brood, have relocated to Malta while he films his new post-apocalyptic horror movie.

He plays the lead role of role of Max Brooks, an agent of the United Nations Postwar Commission who published a report a decade after the Zombie War.

Brooks scours the world collecting the stories and experiences of those who have survived the conflict that almost eradicated humanity.

The film, directed by Marc Foster, also stars Mireille Enos and Matthew Fox.

[From The Mail]

You know the name "Mireille Enos" because she's the redhead on The Killing. You know the name "Matthew Fox" because he's a douche, and he was the least-liked lead character on Lost. I fear that working with Brad will only go to Matthew Fox's head and he will become utterly insufferable.

But I guess that we should be grateful that after the apocalypse comes, there will still be A) Handsome Brad Pitt-esque diplomats and B) Man-scarves.

fp_7486598_ang_pitt_brad_06_06

fp_7486595_ang_pitt_brad_03_06

fp_7484638_bea_pitt_brad_01_06

fp_7486593_ang_pitt_brad_01_06

Photos courtesy of Fame.

‘Green Lantern’ wins the box-office weekend despite horrid CGI and Blake Lively

Posted: 20 Jun 2011 06:20 AM PDT

greenlantern3

Over the weekend, Green Lantern officially grabbed the top box-office prize with an estimated $52.7 million, which is slightly amazing considering that the trailer looked like an enormous mountain of shiny green crap. Despite this supposed coup, however, $52.7 million certainly doesn’t make a dent in the film’s $200 million production budget (with at least another $100 million blown on publicity on top of that). Of course, all of the fanboys flocked to see the movie on opening weekend, so I seriously doubt that the movie will have “legs” in the coming weeks. Certainly, there will be no substabtial measure of positive word-of-mouth in manner of X-Men: First Class (including but not limited to Kaiser’s official take) to keep the money rolling in for the weeks to come. Interestingly enough, many prominent critics have chosen to pepper their Green Lantern reviews with some choice words on Blake Lively’s (for lack of a better word) performance:

“[Carol] is played by Blake Lively, and some in the audience might be heard to observe, ‘What is she, like, 15?’ And frankly she is also not too terribly convincing these days playing anything other than somebody who doesn’t know how to frame a cellphone picture. What. Ever. As I think they said on that TV show she used to be on.”

[From MSN]

“Blake Lively wins this year’s Kristin Stewart Award for Indistinct Diction”

[From Wall Street Journal]

“…Carol Ferris, who would be an amazing character as depicted by Blake Lively if only she weren't allowed to speak. Ever.

[From Pajiba]

“As appealing as Blake Lively might be in the right role, she’s miscast here and it shows in her wooden, unconvincing delivery. A life-size Barbie Doll would emote better.”

[From James Berardinelli]

“Blake Lively is decorative — no more”

[From Rolling Stone]

greenlantern2

Ouch. Not that those meanies will affect Lively’s own plan for A-list stardom, for she’s still got Leo, right? Meanwhile, the J.J. Abrams’-produced Super 8 held on to second place by adding another $21.3 million for a two-week total of $72.8 million. If nothing else, this will give a substantial boost to Elle Fanning’s future marketability.

super81

In third place, the debuting Mr. Popper’s Penguins landed with a decent but not stellar $18.2 million, which is about what analysts expected from this Jim Carrey-starring kiddie flick. In my review, I stated that this was a much better than expected movie, but (admittedly) that bar was set pretty low in the beginning.

mrpopperspenguins1

In its third weekend, X-Men: First Class nabbed another $11.5 million for a domestic total of $119.9 million (and $282 million worldwide), which easily takes care of the pic’s $150 million budget and virtually guarantees that we’ll probably get another installment of Fassbender/McAvoy deliciousness.

xmen1st21

And somehow, The Hangover Part II added another $9.6 million for an astonishing four-week domestic total of $232.7 million (and $488.7 million worldwide). Exactly how did this happen?

hangover231

Movie stills courtesy of AllMoviePhoto

No comments:

Post a Comment